Friday, September 11, 2015

September 11th, 2015

Today we looked in our mail slot and we got flight plans! I have been waiting for this day for a while. We fly out on Monday Sep. 21. layover in LA and then across the ocean to FIJI. I know I'm nowhere close to speaking the language as good as I need to but I have faith it will all work out. This week has been a fantastic week though. We all got to do our TRC but this time it was over Skype. My companion and I got to share a message in Fijian with a man in Hawaii. It was such a good experience and has got me even more excited for the field. This week we also got 40 new people in our zone. We received two new Samoan districts, one Marshaleese district, and a Kiribis district. They all seem very nice but we won't really get to know them because we fly out in 10 days. The MTC has sort of grown on me but I don't want to be here after the 21st. Being in Provo, of course I heard about the Hail Mary from the backup QB... Wish I could have seen it. Today is also 9/11 which it doesn't really feel like because we seriously have no communication with the outside world, but I hope it's been a great day for all of you. Sometimes, my district and I go to the fence and just look out into the real world... I guess you could say we are all ready to get out of here. I am so ready to go to the field though and I know that it will be hard but a good experience. Love you all.
Elder Jones
 In front of the Provo Temple.
 I found my friends!
 My Fijian name tag.
Elder Chugg and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment