Sunday, March 20, 2016

March 20th, 2016

My Birthday Week
This week was really good. Finally back in my area doing some work. The situation in our flat still isn't ideal. We don't have running water and the water we do drink is just from standing rain water that is pretty nasty. We manage though.
Monday- Had an awesome P day and I went 1v1 with the Aussie and I beat him. We went and had tea and crackers at Sister Maiwiriwiri's house. It was a good time.
Tuesday- We stayed in Somosomo because we had no way to get back to our area. We went on splits with the Elders here and they showed me around a little. They are pretty lucky because they can actually go to the store if they need something haha.
Wednesday- We went back to our area. The whole district went down and we did some service in Navakawau. People there were so grateful that we're there to help. They have lost everything and I feel so blessed to help them out..
Thursday- Elder Howard and I went proselyting. We went and saw a woman who is a pioneer for the church here in Vuna. She is missing both legs and she has such a strong testimony. We got her a wheelchair so hopefully she can get to church now. On the way back Elder Howard broke his bike.... Today was our first day using them...
Friday- I had one of the best lessons of all time today. We went and saw a less active member lady. Her house is destroyed from the cyclone. We shared a message about the restoration of the gospel. She then explained how her and her husband had be arguing about Joseph Smith's experience. I felt the spirit so strong as I testified to her that he was the chosen prophet to restore the gospel in these latter days. After that she also bore a moving testimony of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is true.
Saturday- Sat in the flat all day because Elder Howard was ill. The water that we drink isn't the best... Especially after the cyclone. Although he was sick, there were some guys who came a played guitar and sang near our flat. It was a good pick me up.
Sunday- My birthday. It was a wonderful day. Probably the best birthday of all time. I woke up and it didn't really feel like my birthday but that was okay. As we went to church, the chapel was filled. It was so full that I had to sit on the ground. This was the best gift of all. Later that day as we went to the Somosomo area, Elder Amisone had got cakes made and bought ingredients for Sister Lokotui to make me a traditional Tongan drink called Otai. It was delicious.

All in all, it was a good week. Things here are hard, but I know that I am growing and becoming the person our father in heaven needs me to become. I know the gospel is true and I hope I can be a strong enough person to help the Fijians who are in need.


Au sa vakavinavinakataka na noqu Kalou. Au taleitaka vakalevu sara na noqu kalotu. Au lomani na noqu matuvuvale. Rerevaka na Kalou ka doka na tui



My birthday cake, check out my name tag.
Getting ready to send Elder Dunn to a new area:(
Elder Dunn and me.


My birthday treat, I will try and get the recipe, delicious.









No comments:

Post a Comment