Tuesday, June 21, 2016


This is Cebo, I baptized him on Saturday.



KANA VAKALEVU!
Baptism Week


This week was way awesome. It started off with exchanges in Somosomo with Elder Albert. He is a way funny guy from Micronesia. We worked way hard and had a lot of fun. It was nice being in an area with a store. I learned a lot from him.
Monday- Played touch rugby and watched a little bit of State of Origin at Paradise restaraunt. It was way good. Also played a little billiards. I will face anyone when I get home.
Tuesday- Went out with Albert in his area. We hiked all the way up Tagimoucia road. It was way fun going out with him.
Wednesday- Went out and found a bunch of new people to teach in Somosomo. Elder Ablert kept telling me how cool I was. He is shy because he doesn't speak very much Fijian. We taught a man about the restoration and it felt like it clicked to him. It is so great to help someone learn something good that can help them.
Thursday- We had ZTM in Taveuni. The Zone Leaders traveled out here to give us some trainings. It was good but we pretty much just spent the whole day waiting for the bus and traveling back to our area.
Friday- We worked with our baptismal canidate Cebo. He is a 17 year old kid and is way cool. He already hangs out with all of the young men in our branch. He told us that he is way excited to be baptized.
Saturday- We gave this French woman a Book of Mormon and she said she was stoked to read it because she really related to Joseph Smith because she too right now is looking for the true church. It is weird teaching in English.... But it was fun to answer her questions about the Sabath day. Lot's of people here are 7th day Adven. I was also able to baptize Cebo today. As usual everyone was about 45 minutes late for the baptism. It's what people call "Fiji Time" ha doesn't really work like that in America but it's all goods. It was so good to help him. He is such an awesome person.
Sunday- We walked all the way to Navakawau for church. We got there and everyone was preparing for the feast. The king of Navakawau died so there is a lot of eating. His funeral is on Tuesday. It is so cool to learn and be apart of Fiji culture. We were even part of the ceremony where they accepted the food and we all clapped and stuff. It's way cool. Afterward we rode home in the back of a truck in the rain.
This week I felt and even deeper love for the people I am serving. I have always known that I care about the people here but this week I really felt a strong love for them. I have been in Taveuni for a long time and I have come so close to the members. I found out the reason I stayed. My branch president told our mission president to keep me in this area for as long as he could. When he told me that I felt really good. Like I am actually doing something good here and that people want me here. I know that the church is true and there is no greater happiness that I have ever felt than being here in Fiji serving the people. I wish you could all meet them because they are so loving and kind. I am so happy to be serving here. I love you all
Moce Mada.
Elder Jones
P.S. To answer some questions.
1. Yes there is 1 TV I have seen in my area. It is powered by a generator. They only watch rugby on it.
2. If I had to guess I would say only about 2,000 people live in my area but more half of those people live too far for us to even see.
3. In our area we have a branch and a unit. They both get about 30 people to church every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment