Sunday, January 10, 2016

January 10th, 2016



This week was full of long walks, and lots of success. This week we took a trip up to one of the villages in our area called Nalidi. It was a 3 hour walk up the mountain. It was muddy the whole way up and we had to cross to rivers. One of them was about waste deep.
Got to go on exchanges with Elder Pomate. He is the man. I love being out here. It gets hard sometimes but that's how I know that it is worth it. Hard things usually mean they are going to be worth it in the end.

I woke up this morning and was not feeling good at all. Elder Whitworth had been up all file:///Users/Kristi/Desktop/DSC01213.JPGnight and he had been throwing up. I woke up and threw up as well. We are both feeling it right now and it sucks. Hopefully I will feel better soon. I am pretty sure we are sick because yesterday we ate kai. It is fresh water mussels that some of the members pulled out of the river. Apparently these can mess up your health way bad if your not used to it. Our district leader said that some missionaries have gone home after eating this because it messes with you health so much.

I love this mission though. It honestly is the coolest mission in the world. I am so blessed to be able to serve here. I love the people so much. I love the food (when it doesn't make me sick). I am grateful to a Heavenly Father that loves us all so much

Moce mada
Elda Jones
As we try to get to the villages we got stuck in the mud.
Some of the kids in our area.
What a beautiful place I get to serve the Lord.
I love when I get to wear my college shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment