Sunday, April 10, 2016

April 10th, 2016

Bula Vinaka everyone
This week was crazy! We were planning to head over on boat to Vanua Levu and then take a bus up to Labasa, but our plans didn't go through because there was cyclone warnings and everyone was supposed to stay off the water. I was scared we were going to get hit again. We called the Zone Leaders and they got word from president that he wanted us there. We all went down to the beach and caught a private boat over across to Vanua Levu Island. The waters were rough and some points because of the cyclone and there were a few moments I thought we were gonna tip. I don't even know if we were supposed to be out there. The boat we caught was a 14ft fiber. It was pretty fun once I was back on land.
We got a ride with the Zone Leaders and the Tukavesi Elders up to Labasa which was a long trip. We got there and had a ZTM which Elder Howard and I had to give the insight "Be Prepared". It went well. The next day we had a Zone Conference with President Layton and the assistants. It was really good.
Everyone has been getting this disease here called the Ziki virus I think. About half the zone had it at zone conference and I thought it was pretty funny because I didn't get it. But, when I got back to Taveuni I got it. I was pretty sick and could hardly walk home from church. Everyone here believes that if you look at someone with it, you will get it. So when our Branch President asked me to speak in sacrament meeting, he made sure that I wore my sun glasses. I haven't done anything to treat yet. The Fijians say the a woman's breast milk will cure it but I will just take my chances without it haha.
All is good here. I love the Island I am serving on and I love to be a missionary. I know that the church is true. Reading the Book of Mormon gives me great hope in life. I know the God lives and loves us all.
Elder Jones
Moce mada
What my eyes looked like.
The branch president made me wear glasses to speak in sacrament.
I got Zika virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment