Thursday, August 18, 2016

Fiji wins gold!!!!

E dua na yabaki sa oti!!

Well, I hit my year mark this last week. It feels really weird. Time moves way slow some times during the mission, but looking back on it now it feels like it has flown by. This week was also very good because FIJI WON THE GOLD MEDAL! Hahaha we had no idea about the game, but once we left the flat and went to town, we obviously knew that they had one because everyone was freaking out. There was parades in the street and people in cars waving the Fijian flag and everyone was yelling. Man it was awesome. We were very excited for them.

This week we worked really hard though. We taught so many lessons and I felt so good. Being able to constantly feel the spirit throughout the week made it that much more rewarding. I also learned a lot about prayer. God wants us to pray. I have learned that he gives good gifts unto his children that ask. Such a simple thing as prayer can be taken to the next level when we just put effort in. I plead with you all to always pray and God will bless you. 

I also burned a shirt for the tradition as a missionary. To be honest it was just an old t shirt because actual white button shirts are too valuable to burn. We used kerosene which made it even better. I wish I was able to watch the Olympics, but nothing beats being out here in Fiji. I hope everyone has the best week.

Love Elder Jones 


The epic 1 year shirt burning. Although tradition would want a white button up burned, I stuck with a t-shirt. My dress shirts are to valuable out here.
As always, so hard to get up.

My district leader, Elder Barnaby from Boston.

My pride for Fiji, bursting out of my chest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment