Sunday, November 8, 2015

November 8th, 2015

Crazy week. Our area got split and we had to move flats. Before we lived in Korovo, which is actually a town sort of. It had a market an a few shops. Now we moved into Nayavu Village, which is way far away from everything. I'm not sure how I feel about this new change. I finally was getting used to our old flat and where we lived and now we had to move. We are walking now, which is hard, but I think it will be good. We are the first Elders to live in this village. Don't know how they feel about having a white guy live in their village. Our investigators walked to church with their whole family and it was so rewarding seeing how happy they were.
The new flat we live in is pretty much roughing it. It is just a concrete box with concrete floors. There are geckos that are 6 inches or longer that just run around on the walls inside. Our shower is outside of the flat in another smaller concrete box. Cold water only. Painful, but refreshing. I love it out here, but it gets rough sometimes. I miss home, but I know that it is right for me to be out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment