Sunday, December 20, 2015

December 20th, 2015

IO, BULA VINAKA KEMUNI!

This last week was crazy because of transfers. My old companion got sent to Lami and I stayed in Nasautoka and got a new companion. His name is Elder Whitworth. He is from Draper Utah and a way funny guy. I just showed him around our area a little and we work well together.

I am very happy that this week is Christmas. What a good time to help other people, be with family, and remember our savior Jesus Christ. I am sad to not be with my family, but what a joy it is to be out here serving the Lord. My testimony has increased so much and I feel his love.

Only a couple crazy things this week. We were walking and we saw a branch that someone had thrown on top of a major power line and then we heard a lot noise. We then looked up and the stick caught on fire and then the wire broke and hit the ground. It was super sketchy. 

I was asked to speak in church again. I am always nervous to speak but when you get up there the scare goes away because you look out into the congregation and there are only like 15 people haha. I talked about when the savior came to the Americas in 3 Nephi. I know that he is our savior and that he cares for us more than we can imagine.

On the way to P day today I was thinking about what I am even doing out here. I look all around at the beautiful scenery and I thought about all that Jesus has done for us. Everything he did before his life, during his life, and after his life was for us. I though about the entire earth and how he mad it for us. He came here to die and suffer and feel our every pain. He broke the bands of death and came back to earth and blessed the people and love them. His entire existence is about love. I want to become more like him and I think the people that I have met in my life that come closest to being like the savior are those who master that one quality. Love

Have a wonderful Christmas full of love
Elder Jones

A family in my area.

No comments:

Post a Comment