Sunday, December 13, 2015

December 13th, 2015

This week had plenty of ups and downs. We had ZTM and a ton of missionaries gave really good insights. One of the missionaries gave an insight about his car. Before the mission he gave it the darkest legal tint on the windows and he related it to us by saying that if we work all day everyday, by the time we return from our missions we should be way tan and have the darkest legal tint. I thought that was pretty funny.
We were hoping to baptize this awesome family that lives in the same village as us, but we had a fall through. We thought these people were married, but comes to find out, one of them is married but it is to another person. Ah Elder Otene and I had hoped to baptize them the next day, but it ended up not happening. We are trying to work with them and help them. We were so sad but I know it will happen one day. They have great faith and they are awesome.
It rained quite a bit this week and I was able to put my rain jacket to good use (thanks mom). Walking is actually pretty fun if you make it fun. We found out that there is this lady in the village we live in who travels all the way to town and brings home made stuff to sell in a little tiny store that is practically out of her house. She sells ice cream cones and Elder Otene and I probably ate 30 combined cones this week. Transfers are this week and it will be interesting to see who my new companion is.
Things can be hard sometimes but that's what life is all about. If life was easy, we wouldn't learn to endure and we wouldn't begin to change into the people Heavenly Father wants us to become. I am grateful to a missionary and I am so grateful for Jesus Christ. I have felt his atonement carry me and I know it can carry anyone who reaches out to him. Be happy and know that all strength comes from God.

Our next door neighbors and members. They are awesome.
Rainy walks by the river. I have my new jacket on that my mom sent me. I am set
Chilling on a bamboo raft
Chewing on some dovu (sugar cane)

No comments:

Post a Comment