Sunday, May 1, 2016

May 1st, 2016

WOODY'S ROUNDUP!

Hello everyone! This week was very fun and very rewarding.

At the start of the week Elder Howard and I helped move lots of school furniture to schools down in our area. After the cyclone lots of school furniture was ruined. Someone donated hundreds of desks and chairs to the schools here in Taveuni. A lot of the schools aren't yet rebuilt so we but some of the furniture in some tents they had. They were very happy to receive this stuff.

Later on in the week, we went out teaching. Elder Howard has tons of blisters on his feet so it was hard but we still worked hard. We went out and got 3 new investigators in the village of Navakawau. I am very excited for these guys and to be teaching them. We gave one of them a baptismal date and he accepted. Things are moving here and it so wonderful to be a part of it. It definitely isn't easy, but it is very rewarding.

Every Fast Sunday our branch and unit get together for church. It was so wonderful to see our little bush chapel shack thing packed full. I love the gospel and know it is true. I can't wait to help these people come unto the truth. Also on Sunday, we took a shortcut through a field. We usually take this shortcut but this time there were heaps of cows inside. Probably about 150 or so. To get them to move we had to clap our hands and yell really load. I managed to round 'em up into a corner and we could pass.

I have learned a lot about myself this week. As I was out working, I truly felt happy. I know that when we serve we are happy. Love is the motive for what we do. I love these people more than anything and I want to help them so much. The church is true and I love what I do.

Rancher Jones

 Camera works.  Selfie from Fiji.
 The view from my flat.
 I am here.
Coconuts and cows for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment