Sunday, May 22, 2016

May 22nd, 2016

Ni sa bula vinaka! 

Monday- Preparation Day in Somosomo as usual. I was able to finally skype home to my family which was way awesome. It was much needed and I am glad to hear that they are all doing fine.

Tuesday- We went down to our area. We walked around and taught a few lessons. We found a new investigator kid named Cebo. He is way cool and seems way interested. He already went to church and I am way happy for him.

Wednesday- We spent our whole day in Navakawau. We went around seeing our less actives, recent converts, and investigators. We were really focusing on Mika, Joeli, and Farasiko. They had a baptismal date set for the following Sunday. We walked back and got a ride home in the back of a truck. Way nice because I hate the 2 hour walk back to our flat in the dark.

Thursday- We started exchanges. I went with Elder Forebush up in his area. Their area is way nice. It actually has pavement and there are some resorts up there. One white guy yelled at us telling us to go back to Utah. Elder Forebush was pretty upset but I was just wondering how he knew we were both from Utah hahaha.

Friday- Continued exchanges with Elder Forebush. He is a way cool guy from Bluffdale. Wherever that is. We went and tried to eat at a restaurant but it was like $60 bucks for a pizza so I was like forget this. We ended up just going to the store and eating junk. I keep buying Coke trying to clean my stomach out but it doesn't seem to be working. I have felt a little sick to my stomach the past while. Hope it's not anything serious.

Saturday- Switched back and went to Vuna. I wasn't feeling well and the exchanges with the bus took a long time so we didn't have much time to go out.

Sunday- We woke up early and hiked to Navakawau. We had all of our baptismal clothing with us too so it was a pain. We finally got there and were able to baptize 2 of the boys. We all got dressed in white and then walked down to the ocean. I felt the spirit so strongly because I knew that this is a huge step in their lives. They are good guys. When they bore their testimony it was so strong. Afterwards we ate some octopus again which was way good.

God lives and he loves us. No matter what you are doing, do well your part. I am trying to do well my part here in Taveuni at the moment. I love you all.

Love Elder Jones  




No comments:

Post a Comment