Sunday, September 25, 2016

Cola Vina mai NaHigatoka!
September 18th - 23rd 2016

This week was we saw a lot of miracles and also a little bit of disappointment. Pretty much like every other week in the mission field.

Last P day I finally got some money and was able to purchase a new camera from Nadi Town. So now I will take lots of pictures. I also bought myself a cool fanny pack and I have worn it everyday this week. In fact, I am wearing it right now.

The sad part of this week is that Male our investigator dropped us. He went to his Catholic Priest and he told him to stop taking lessons from us. Classic.

The good part is that we have been working with a lot of less actives and they are all starting to open up to us. Hali was actually able to come to church. I haven't seen her at church since I have been in this area. Just inviting people can help them come. On Sunday I was blessing the sacrament and I looked up at her when she was taking the sacrament and I could just see the look in her eyes and in her face that she felt so much joy and love that she hadn't felt in so long. It really opened up my eyes and how important the sacrament is.

We also visited other less actives and they opened up to us. Sis Doris has been gone for so long and told us why. She didn't feel worthy. It was good to set goals with her and help her get back on track to come to church.

I tried to cut Elder Ruwhiu's hair and it looked awful. Good thing he is a nice guy though and didn't really care. We went to a real barber to fix it though.

The biggest experience this week happened on Saturday:

We were about to leave the flat after lunch and President Layton called us about an emergency. He connected us to the line of a lady named Sister Berze from Sydeny Australia. She told us that she was at the Sigatoka hospital and that her son Bryce had been in a rugby accident. She really needed us to come give him a blessing. We rushed as fast as we could to the hospital. We found them in Trauma Room 1. He was in poor condition. We then were able to give him a priesthood blessing. It was one of the most powerful moments that I have had here on my mission.

I know that the church is true and as long as we continue to be loyal, we will receive blessings form heaven. I know the church is true and that God loves all of his children.

Love Elder Jones
Sleeping out on the cement didn't work out to well

A wonderful family we were able to reactivate
We were playing what are the odds. Elder Whiting lost. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment