Sunday, November 27, 2016

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for Indian barbers
November 20th - 26th

I had to cut my hair because it feels like a sauna out here right now. I literally change shirts on multiple occasions because it get soaked through of sweat, even if you are just sitting in the shade. So yeah, I just told the Indian barber to give me a 2 and that's what he did. The young girl we are teaching sat with us during sacrament meeting and asked why I cut my hair. I told her that it was too hot for long hair. She then told me that it was a bad idea and that I looked better with my other hair. I was a little but hurt for 5 minutes but then I got over it hahaha.

Not many people here have cars so the kids here love it when we drive up in the truck. Sometimes I let them feel the air conditioning and they are amazed haha. They always follow us out to the dirt road and when we leave they all yell "spit, spit, spit" then I burn out on the dirt a little and spit the rocks and they all yell and laugh ahah.
 
This week was actually really good. We taught lots of lessons and are seeing some good things happen. In Fiji there are a lot of less active members so we also to a lot of reactivation. Some people here live so far away from church that it is hard to go, but many of them walk long distances to go to church. They are a great example to me.

Some of our best investigators this week were in Suva. I have no idea why but they were just chilling in Suva. We are teaching this girl Meri and her mom Losalini. They want to be baptized but the dad isn't too keen. Hope he will change his mind.

We have a really good investigator named Koto. When we teach her she actually listens and I know that she has felt the spirit. She needs to be married but I don't know how easy that is going to be. 

This week we also did a lot of finding. Hopefully there is someone that we saw that will turn into a progressing investigator.

Love you all
Love Elder Jones


My new haircut.




Elder  Traill, my new companion.

Creepy doll pinned to a tree in the middle of nowhere. Take special note of the doll hands.

Looking over to Beqa island.

My little piece of paradise.

The dreaded centipede that are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment